Effective 29th March, 2018
This policy refers to the following services -
- The RDBTools website at https://rdbtools.com, referred to as “Websites”
- The RDBTools application, which includes RDBTools for Mac, RDBTools for Windows, RDBTools for Linux Desktop, RDBTools Docker Image, and RDBTools AWS Marketplace Image, referred to as “Applications”
Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect
This is a complete description of the data we collect:
- Contact details, such as email address
- Financial data, such as credit/debit card, expiry date and
- Website usage data, such as pages visited and buttons clicked, tracked anonymously using Google Analytics.
- Application usage data, such as application features used, tracked anonymously using Google Analytics.
In order to provide you a license key, we require a valid email address. We will use this email address to -
- Send you the license key when you request one
- Inform you when new versions of the application are available
- Send you infrequent updates about our services and products
We will never sell, rent or disclose your email address to third parties.
When you purchase a license, we collect data from you to complete the transaction and provide you a license key and access to RDBTools application. Your credit card information (including credit card number, expiry date and CVC security code) is sent securely to our Payment Processor (Stripe) directly from your browser. The processor validates and sends us a validation code that we can use to finish the purchase.
We never have access to, and do not store your credit card information.
Website Usage Data
We use google analytics to help us in our marketing and product design efforts, but we only track aggregate data. The google analytics code saves two cookies in your browser - _ga and _gid. You can delete or block those any time you wish, our website will continue to work.
Application Usage Data
We use google analytics to understand how the application is used, which features are used, and where users have difficulty understanding the application. We only track aggregate data, and do not associate usage data with your email or license key.
You can opt out of tracking by turning off usage data under application settings.
When you install the Application, we create several database files on your computer. These database files store your account details and password, and information about the redis servers you have connected with the application. This database file never leaves your computer.
During the installation process, we need to validate your license key. This process requires a network call to our servers. If you are using the free trial, we also require a valid email address to send you the license key.
Once your license key is activated, we do not call our servers, and any data you add to RDBTools stays in your computer. We have no ability to view or modify the data stored on your computer.
940 Stewart Drive #271
Sunnyvale, CA 94085