Add a Redis instance
Java Serialized Objects
Use Smaller Keys
Switch to 32 Bits
Upgrade Redis Version
Use Better Serializer
Combine Smaller Strings to Hashes
Switch from Set to Intset for Numeric IDs
Switch to Bloom Filter or HyperLogLog
Shard Big Hash to Small Hash
Convert Hashtable to Ziplist for Hashes
Convert to a List instead of Hash
Compress Field Names
Enable Compression for List
Avoid Dynamic Lua Script
Reclaim Expired Keys Memory Faster
Installing RDBTools via AWS CloudFormation
Launch a CloudFormation stack with RDBTools preinstalled using our template:
Select your desired region below and click Launch to go to the CloudFormation launch page with our template selected.
- Fill the form to create stack.
- Stack Name - You can give any logical name to your CloudFormation stack, by default it is RDBTools.
- InstanceType - Choose instance type, by default it is t2.medium.
- KeyName - Select an existing EC2 KeyPair so that you can SSH to the instance.
- VPC - Select the VPC in which you want to launch this instance.
- Subnet - Choose a public subnet so that you can connect to RDBTools over http(s). This subnet must have network connectivity to ElastiCache.
Once stack is created, you can navigate to Stack list and click on the website URL under output section in order to get started with RDBTools.
Next: Activating RDBTools